Translate

Wednesday 3 June 2020

Stop It! It Hurts!






You are not superior because you are white.
I am not inferior because I am black.
What determines our skin colour is the level of melanin present.
And considering the benefits of being rich in melanin,
It will even be logical to say blacks are superior.
But hey, the presence or lack of melanin is not a determinant of class.
We all bleed red, whether white or black, brown, yellow or red.
We all shed salty tears.
We all fart.
We all poo.
We all wee.
We all spit.
We all secrete phlegm.
We all secrete mucus.
We all laugh.
We all get frightened.
We all feel different emotions.
We all fall sick.
We all die.
So, you see,
You are not superior to me
Neither am I to you.
I am not exceptional to be intelligent because I am black,
There are even many in my race that are more intelligent.
Listen,
As you have dumb and intelligent people in your race
So do we in mine.
As you have bad and good people in your race
So do we in mine.
Your race is not better than mine,
We are all equally human.
Being white doesn’t make you more intelligent
And being black doesn’t make me less intelligent.
So,
Stop the foolishness,
Stop the wickedness,
Stop the prejudice,
Stop racism,
’Cause it hurts. 
Treat people as people,
Treat people as individuals.
Address people’s faults for what they are,
Not making their punishment extra because of their colour.
And, 
Stop the stereotype!
Stop it!
It hurts!

©June 2020, Ayobami Temitope Kehinde

No comments:

Post a Comment